The first of these is an interactive training module providing an introduction to safeguarding. Developed by Social Care Wales for the Wales Safeguarding Procedures Board, the module is mainly aimed at those working in the public and voluntary sectors, but it is also suitable for anyone wanting to get a basic understanding of safeguarding. This includes anyone looking to get a job in care in Wales.
The module is based on the Wales safeguarding procedures that were launched in 2019 and, after completing it, you will be able to:
- explain the term 'safeguarding'
- recognise abuse or the risk of abuse, harm or neglect
- know what actions to take if you witness or suspect abuse, harm or neglect, or if someone tells you they are being abused
- demonstrate a basic understanding of the laws around safeguarding
- recognise that you have a duty to report abuse, harm or neglect.
More e-learning modules on other topics will be available on this platform during the coming months. Keep checking back to find out what’s new.